some reasons you should read the engelsfors books
- it’s about a group of teenage girls who find out they are witches and have to defend the world against demons. but they’re really rubbish at it!!!
- it’s contemporary fantasy which is specifically exciting for me personally because i don’t like historical fantasy, but who doesn’t like withces who use cell phones and the internet?? nobody, that’s who
- the story is told from the point of view of different characters and they are all equally interesting to read, which never happens! like not only did i not hate any of the chapters, but i honestly never felt that familiar sense of dissapointment you usually feel when your favourite pov chapter ends and you have to read a couple of others to get to the one you like best again. because they are all amazing!
- the books talk a lot about good vs. evil but they don’t suck at it, i wanna talk about this a lot but don’t want to spoil everything, but let’s just say i really enjoyed some (or like, all) of the narrative choices wrt this
- the girls are very different and come from very different backgrounds but the narrative treats them all with respect and gives them equal attention
- they all have well developed and complicated relationships with their families!!! which is something i’m super into
- girls!!!! girls. it’s about girls. some of the girls become unlikely friends (which you expect from the start is going to happen, but it’s not forced at all. it’s good). some of the girls are really gay for each other
- the narrative reverses a lot of shitty gendered literary tropes. like the one where a girl dies just to provide motive for the main dude character. also many others.
- there are not many dudes in this story at all. like i’m pretty sure it just straight up fails the reverse bechdel test (as in, i can’t think of a scene where two dude characters talk about something other than a woman)
- if you were ever a teenage girl i can almost guarantee you are going to overidentify with at least one of the characters and you are going to cry about it
- read them!!!! read these books and talk to me about them
I’m really curious about what the distribution of tumblr users looks like worldwide…
Happy Easter, everyone! It’s such a great weather here, the sun is shining and everything is so bright! :D Spring is truly here!
I’ll go to eat now MMMM food I’M STARVING
"can men and women really be just friends??" straight people are so weird
i got the tickets to desucon 2014 in lahti, finland yesterday. at first i wasn’t even sure if i wanted to go, but after the purchase, i kinda got excited! it’s nice to see the place again since i haven’t been there in almost four years…
a bit more about the hell that was buying the tickets. when the clock stroke 6 pm, desucon’s website’s server crashed IMMEDIATELY. i continued doing that for like the next half an hour or so. i was panicking the whole time, because i just wanted by GODDAMN TICKETS! but in the end, i was lucky and managed to do my shopping. i just… if the process of buying tickets for desucon will always be like this, i don’t think i’ll be attending desucon that often. i don’t want to be stressed out by just buying tickets, you know! besides, i don’t think desucon really is THAT special to deserve all of that hype and stress.
but yeah, i’m going there this june and hopefully it’ll be great! i think i’ll mostly be alone there but it’s alright, i guess!
birthday: 12th of june
single or taken: single
height: 155 cm
eye color: grey-blue
middle name: potato
favorite color: red, black, purple, violet, pink
lucky number: 6 and 12
hogwarts house [x]: hufflepuff
favorite fictional character: that list goes up to the moon and back
favorite television show: the x-files, hannibal, supernatural, criminal minds
favorite season: summer
describe yourself in a few words: observant, forgetful, sarcastic, impatient, kind
future children’s names: potato 2
meaning of your name: Laura is the feminine form on the latin name Laurus, which means laurel
ultimate otp: johndave
what do you plan to/do for a living: become a full-time potato
starbucks order: starbucks here?? hahahaHAHAHA
THIS OR THAT:
introvert or extrovert: both? idk
dawn or dusk: dusk
righty or lefty: righty
coffee or tea: tea
rain or shine: both
reading or writing: BOTH
IT’S GOING TO BE TEN CELSIUS DEGREES ON TODAY (THURSDAY) OH BOY THE SUMMER IS COMING
10°C = 50°F
IT’S SO WARM I’M SO HAPPYYYYYYYYY
I DON’T HAVE TO USE MY WINTER COAT ANYMOREEEEEEEE
IT’S ALMOST LIKE SUMMER SERIOUSLY
robots - 100% mechanical, no organic or living parts
androids - robots that are designed to look human-like (100% mechanical)
cyborgs - organic/living thing with added mechanical or cybernetic parts
every day is a day closer to eurovision 2014
The comics will hop all over the prodigious universe and canon storyline of Homestuck, featuring the characters, various hypotheticals, hilarious antics, doomed timeline scenarios — it’s wide open. The site updates every weekday!
The comics are created by an extensive cast of contributing artists and writers! The above image was created by Allison Shabet, creator of Dead Winter! Check back here for updates on new comics, and more!
Go read Paradox Space!
to my non-homestuck followers, sorry about the sudden spam of homestuck posts, this is an important day for me! but as always, i tag everything i post/reblog, so if you don’t want to see homestuck on your dash, feel free to blacklist it! :>
it’s weird to think that five years has passed since the beginning of homestuck! i started to read homestuck in october 2011, so i haven’t been on board from the beginning, but i still feel it’s a big part of my life and it has brought so much good stuff in my life!
happy 413 to all of the homestucks out there! i’m going to draw the beta kids later this day, so stay tuned!
also, happy birthday, john and jane!!! :D
every time i lose a follower, i go check out if my mutuals are still following me, and then relax because it was none of them
i love all of my followers but mutuals feel like friends to me hahahaha i’m such a loser
7K! I’m making a progress! I caught up after a few days of almost no writing at all and that feels so good!
I still have lots to do. I’m going to have 12 POVs and so far I’ve introduced only two of them hahAHAHAHAhaaaaa kill me….. SO MUCH WORK TO DO
But yeah, the story is going well now, but I really need to start introducing the characters a bit faster! :D
Good luck to your writing, everyone!
(I’m going to bed now, I’m like half asleep)